This is such a great ‘heads-up’ article. Save yourself the pain and read this now.
Like Snapshots in Hyper-V? – Please read this
Snapshots is nice to have, in fact very nice to have when running a virtual platform. In Hyper-V it is easy to do snap-shots and there are no problems, or is there something you should be aware of…
Yes, there is a a issue, it is not a bug but there is something you absolutely need to know, otherwise you will be in serious trouble. So lets here the story…
***article clipped – best practices recommended are below***
- If you use snapshot, delete them after you have done your job and turn OFF the virtual machine as soon as possible.
- Only use Snapshots as a temporary protection to be able to rollback, not as a backup solution.
- Watch disk space BEFORE shutting down a virtual machine
- Use fixed size disk for performance
- Use dynamic disk for LAB/Demo/Play/low performance
- If you use dynamic disk, be sure to monitor the disk