If every you have run into issues getting printing to work for a RWW worker, you know that the solution requires end user cooperation so that the same driver gets installed on the server and the accessing laptop or workstation. ThinPrint has a solution, use their universal driver mechanisms as a man in the middle.
While SBS 2008 promises to remove this issue there are still going to be a lot of SBS 2003 systems in place for some time.
print for Remote Web Workplace includes the following components:
- .print Desktop Engine on every workplace computer
- ThinPrint .print for SBS on the Small Business Server
- .print Client Windows (RDP) on the notebooks or home PCs
All three installation programs are Plug & Play.
Illustration: Installing ThinPrint .print components in an SBS environment with Remote Web Workplace (example)
Licensing .print for Remote Web Workplace
ThinPrint .print for Remote Web Workplace includes the following components needed for use with the Windows Small Business Server 2003:
- .print Desktop Engine – for installation on every workplace computer
- ThinPrint .print for SBS – for installation on the Small Business Server
- .print Client Windows (RDP) – for installation on the notebooks and home PCs
A desktop license is required for every workplace computer that will use RDP for remote access.
There are 2 variations of ThinPrint .print for Remote Web Workplace:
- Variation 1 with one (1) desktop license for installation on one (1) workplace computer
- Variation 2 with five (5) desktop licenses for installation on five (5) workplace computers
In order to use ThinPrint .print for Remote Web Workplace, a Windows Small Business Server 2003 is also required (not included in the package).