If you have used the BCM for Outlook 2007 Database Tool and it acts up this post is for you. This isn’t exactly an exciting breakthrough and hopefully you won’t need to ever go here. But if you do you will need this troubleshooting log file created. By default no logging is going on so first you will need to edit your registry to get that ON.
To enable logging to collect log files for analysis, on the server
you can create the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Business Solutions eCRM Wizard
Dword Value Name: BCMLogging
Value Data: 255 (decimal)
This will put a log file in the temp directory named BCMLog_V3_Serverwizard.log.
“C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp\BCMLog_V3_serverwizard.log”
Send that to your Microsoft support guru for further analysis.
BCM Mastery Series
- Location, Location, Location
- BCM for Outlook 2007 Database Tool overview (being written)
- BCM for Outlook 2007 Database Tool Logging
- SQL Management Studio for the BCM Database (being written)
- SQL 2005 Express Advanced installation Walk Through (being written)