For you in the US this will save you a couple of dollars the next time you need some info:
Announcing Live Search 411 (1-800-CALL-411)
On Monday we announced a new service that brings the power of local search to any phone-and lets you access it just by speaking.
Think about all the times you need to find quick local information: you’re driving home from work and need make reservations at your favorite restaurant. Or maybe you’re already downtown, and want to get movie times for theaters nearby along with a map and directions. Or perhaps you’re traveling and want to call the car rental agency to avoid the lines at the airport counter.
Live Search 411 enables you to do this for free, from any phone in the US. Just call 1-800-CALL-411 (1-800-225-5411) and say where you are and what you’re looking for. You can also get text messages, maps, traffic maps, and text-based driving directions sent to your mobile phone (with a service plan that supports text messages or data access, of course!).
We’ve built this system in cooperation with Tellme, which we acquired in March of this year. Tellme has been a leader in voice technology since 1999. We’re excited about the voice experience and attention to detail they bring to this new service.
We’ve built Live Search 411 to go beyond just finding business information. Because our goal is to help you complete your task, we’ve included features like:
- Connect to any business listing you find-for free
- Receive SMS links to maps, driving directions and traffic conditions (just say “text me the info”)
- Get movie showtimes and even buy tickets over the phone (via our partnership with Fandango)
- Share text messages of business details with friends so they can easily meet you there
- Hear the current weather conditions and the forecast
- Quickly access travel resources like airlines, hotels, and rental cars
- Remember your personalized locations for movie theaters, weather and traffic, and your preferences for receiving text messages.